“Attend, my people, to my teaching; listen to the words of my mouth. I will open my mouth in story, drawing lessons from of old. We have heard them, we know them; our ancestors have recited them to us.
We do not keep them from our children; we recite them to the next generation, the praiseworthy and mighty deeds of the Lord, the wonders that he performed.
God set up a decree in Jacob, established a law in Israel: What he commanded our ancestors, they were to teach their children; that the next generation might come to know, children yet to be born.
In turn they were to recite them to their children, that they too might put their trust in God, and not forget the works of God, keeping his commandments” (Ps 78:1-7).
As we can read in Psalm 78:1-7, we are charged to pass on the “mighty deeds of the Lord” that have been handed on to us. Parents, grandparents, and parishes all have a responsibility to share the stories of faith. From the youngest preschooler to the oldest of our parishioners, we are all called not just to grow in knowledge of our faith, but to share that faith with one another. At St. Pius X and Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary parishes we do this through varied programs available to parishioners of all ages.
Religious Education Program
Our Religious Education program meets from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., every Tuesday night during the school year. Please see schedule below. Designed for all children in Kindergarten through Fifth grade, our program teaches the basics of our faith in a comprehensive, loving and fun structure. During the summer, we also offer Vacation Bible school for our children.
Registration fee is $20.00 per family. Please make checks payable to the parish at which you belong.
Youth Ministry Programs
We offer two Youth Ministry programs to help form our young people into faithful Catholics, responsible citizens, and strong leaders.
Middle Youth Ministry is for students in Sixth through Eighth grades (6-8). This program is part of the process for those public school and home schooled children seeking Confirmation.
- Our meetings will be held in person every other Tuesday evening (see schedule below for details).
- Our evenings will be structured around community building, small group faith sharing, and catechesis.
- All students aged 12-15 are invited to join us for service opportunities throughout the year.
High School Youth Ministry is for students in ninth through twelfth grades (9-12).
- Our meetings will occur monthly beginning in October 2021.
- Our meetings will cover a wide array of faith building experiences that lead our high schoolers to understand that faith and reason go hand in hand for a happy and virtuous life.
- High school students are invited to join in a variety of service opportunities throughout the year.
- High school students also have the opportunity to attend various off-site retreats and projects throughout the year including:
- The March For Life
- National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) November 17-20, 2021 NCYC Diocese information 🗗
- Diocesan Youth Celebration (DYC)
- Steubenville Youth Conferences